East Riding of Yorkshire Strategic Partnership Voices Mean Choices
The focus of East Riding of Yorkshires strategic partnership is to co-create systemic change for young people who have been a victim of, or at risk of child sexual abuse and/or exploitation along with their families and carers. Asking:
- What language and practice do children and their families/carers need from us when working with them around exploitation?
- How do we identify children who are being exploited to make sure they are safer sooner?
- How do we work better together for children who are exploited and their families so we can get it right every time?
- Focus on the experiences and needs of children, young people, and families as well as professionals across the practice system. Co-designing solutions together.
- Hold the lived experience of our children, young people, and families in the highest regard.
Relational practice is at the heart of this project. We aim to create a learning culture where we:
- Create a space for safe mistakes. Focusing on structure, not blame, recognising that a system’s structure generates behaviours
- Work with Integrity and respect
- Are comfortable with uncertainty
- Willing to adapt and change
- Offer high support and high challenge
- Effectively communicate.