Who is a member of the East Riding Safeguarding Children Partnership?
Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018 placed a duty on the three agencies East Riding Local Authority, Humberside Police and East Riding Clinical Commissioning Group to work together and define the local Multi-Agency Safeguarding Arrangements. It also placed a duty on other relevant agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of local children. These include health organisations, education, early years, criminal justice, voluntary sector, local government, and public services.
The ERSCP partners are:
- Community Rehabilitation Company
- East Riding Clinical Commissioning Group
- East Riding College
- East Riding General Practitioners
- East Riding NHS Clinical Commissioning Group
- East Riding Safeguarding Adults Partnership (ERSAB)
- ERYC Children and Families Directorate
- ERYC Housing, Transportation and Public Protection
- HEY SMILE
- Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Humber NHS Teaching Foundation Trust
- Humberside Fire and Rescue Service
- Humberside Police Service
- Humberside Probation Service
- Non-Executive Members – lay community member
- Northern Lincolnshire & Goole Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Public Health
- York and Scarborough Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Lead Executive Member for Children Young People and Education (Participant Observer)
ERSCP business unit
The ERSCP Business Unit advises and supports the work of the ERSCP.
What is the role of the Scrutineer?
The Independent Scrutineer evaluates the effectiveness of the Safeguarding partnership which is made up of senior representatives from the key statutory and voluntary organisations that have responsibility for delivering services to children or have regular contact with children.
The Independent Scrutineer is independent of the local agencies so that the ERSCP can exercise its local challenge function effectively.
Who is responsible for appointing or removing the LSCP chair or Independent Scrutineer?
It is the responsibility of the Chief Executive to appoint or remove the ERSCP Chair or Independent Scrutineer with the agreement of a panel including ERSCP partners. The Chief Executive, drawing on other ERSCP partners and, where appropriate, the Lead Member will hold the Scrutineer to account for the effective working of the ERSCP.